Brittanica

>> Try Encyclopedia Britannica Direct, Inc. (Tel 1-800-372-8264).
>
>I tried calling, too, but it didn't work for me. The operator insisted
>I supply an add code. Does anyone have an "add code" you could mail to
>me or to the list?

I got the $99 rate today; told them I heard about that rate on a mailing
list on the Internet. The word "Internet" rang a bell with the
operator--seemed to fit one of their categories. I offered to give her the
name of the list (i.e., XyWrite) but she said "Internet" was fine. So I had
no problem.

"Add code" was probably "ad code"--where you saw the price of $99 listed.
The want this info so they can see which of their promotional vehicles are
getting results.

They do add $7 for shipping and handling, but no sales tax (at least to me,
a NYC resident).

And they have a 30-day-money-back-if-not-satisfied policy.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx