Re: XyWrite problems

Myron Gochnauer:

For a book I am working on in which the chapters vary between 100K and 200+K, I
run into this bug from time to time. When I switch out of graphics mode it
clears up. It doesn't bother me because I wouldn't input text in WYSIWYG mode
in any case, although it is marvelous for checking layout.

Because it is WYSIWYG, it is in the nature of the beast to show offset. You
can always adjust the zoom to see what you want. My only problem with that is
you can only adjust to within 1%, which means you can't exactly get the height
of 1 page on the screen. It isn't handy, when checking a long file, to have to
adjust the screen every few pages.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania