Re: Simple Desultory Phillipic

Carl L. diStefano:

My mind is entirely open on multitasking. It is just that with the equipment I
have and the work I do I have never felt the need to do it. I have, in fact,
been inspired by your phillippic, and will do it to solve a current problem. I
am editing a book in XYDos, and need to make a glossary of Chinese characters
to be written in later, which I will do in NJStar, a Dos Chinese input program.
That would be impossible without multitasking. And if I see a number of
developers writing or porting major applications to OS/3, I will switch. I
didn't give up on OS/2 after trying it because it isn't the best operating
system around.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania