RE: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Many thanks for all your replies. Kari and Bill, you've convinced me
that virtualization, rather than multiboot, is the way to go. It's
actually a relief to put aside the multiboot idea. I've had multiboot
systems in the past; the reality, for me, was that one OS got used 90%
of the time while the others just sat there -- because, let's face it,
rebooting is a pain. Virtualization would seem to put multiple
environments at one's finger tips. Plus, if virtual 32-bit is going to
run as fast or faster on my new machine than it would in a separate
partition, that clinches the argument. (I was assuming that
virtualization would be slower.)

The new computer won't be here until the end of this week or the beginning of next -- ample time for me to mull over any further thoughts and suggestions you may have. Thanks again for sharing your experiences and expertise.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx