Re: Word 7 and WP7 conversion tool

** Reply to note from hickling@xxxxxxxx (Lee Hickling) Mon, 19 May 1997 00:06:40 -0400 (EDT)

> It's the other way around -- Acrobat Reader, which is indeed freeware, comes
> bundled with KEYview, which doesn't have the ability to read PDF files.

Ho ho ho. Marketeers indeed.

>> I read somewhere that KEYVIEW does faxes
>> too, which must mean that it has some sort of OCR capability.

I assumed that this meant that KEYVIEW extracts the text in a fax into a
document format, implying the necessity of OCR to get from DCX or TIFF
(dumb pixels) to text.

> Do you know of any other
> way to do it -- except of to have the files saved at the source as a format
> XW can handle?

Nope. But neither would I be surprised if the two-stage process results in
degradation of overall format complexity, or added "noise". On the other hand,
maybe it will work just fine. How much does KEYVIEW cost?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx