Re: Connectix | VPC

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Tue, 25 Feb 2003
> 12:50:13 -0800
>
> > But, is it just my overly cynical nature that prompts the
> > feeling this is a classical "Buy It So We Can Bury It" manuever ?
>
> I had exactly the same reaction -- subsequently strengthened by the entire M$
> press release. Not one word about OS/2, Linux, Solaris, NetWare, or DOS -- but
> several words about other Connectix products being "EOL'd" (End Of Lifed).

I want to ask Kim (of Serenity Systems) about this. It was my impression that VPC
for OS/2 was a significant factor in their plans re eCS. I think it was to be
included in an optional deluxe package, appealing to customers (primarily business
customers) who wished to hedge their bets. By all accounts, VPC was a much more
comprehensive solution than ODIN ever got to be. Perhaps that project, which was
essentially mothballed, will get a new lease on life. Nothing there that MS can
bulldoze.

Jordan