Re: Mandrake and DOSEMU

Dear Manuel

I have had to stop testing Linux for now, for lack of time. Regarding the tiny font, there is a
font called 11x19vga.pcf which you can find if you search for ANSI fonts and Linux. (I can't now
remember where I found it, but if you have problems I can probably send you a copy.) If you make
that the default vga font under the X settings in DOSEMU.CONF you will find it more readable. I
did not have any success with XY4 using a console and running DOSEMU; I too found some corruption
and I could not manage to set up any successful font-size screen-size combination which I liked. I
think for full-time use it has to be a dedicated X-Window.

Regarding printing, I'm afraid I never got as far as testing that properly so I can't comment. My
version of Mandrake offered the option of PDQ printing control as well as CUPS. That might work
with XY4, but it did not work well with other Linux programs, such as KWrite, which I tried.

Let me know if you try Debian.

Best wishes

Paul