Re: Can v. 112 of Jumbo U2 Crash OS/2 ?

Robert Holmgren wrote:

>  It could be running out of memory, and that in turn is causing
> an exception in the kernel. When you successfully load XyWrite including U2,
> what does VA/NV $M+6 say? If it reports over 20[Kb], you are dangerously
> close to OOM (out of mem) in the programming part of memory.

Robert,

This reports 16. I suspect we have a red herring here, variations won't make enough
of a difference, and that Steve Crutchfield's theory is correct. I also happen to
have an alternate install of Xy4DOS _without_ U2, which I can test. Scitech Tech
Support more or less blew me off, saying "take it to the newsgroups." They have
just now released the first beta of Snap Graphics, the successor to SDD Pro, so it
seems I can try going forwards or backwards, version-wise. But my patience with
this stuff is limited. If push comes to shove, I will can SDD entirely and just
install the Matrox drivers, which I assume will work as well in ECS as they do
elsewhere. (There were some other anomalies: the screensaver ran twice as fast as
it should in SDD. Don't know what that means, but it's not right.)

Jordan