Re: Xy'd NB -- FLV Video Capture and Player

--- Robert Holmgren  wrote:

> YT is the place to go. The
> problem is, clips come and go
> unpredictably. Some stick for
> a year or more, others disappear
> very quickly. If you see something,
> grab it. Some of Ernie Kovacs' "Dutch
> Masters" cigar commercials, for example.

OT:

There is so much great past material that is just not
available to the public -- not for love or money --
and it's a terrible shame. Kubrick so hated his first
feature that he more or less had it expunged from the
face of the earth. If you're curious and would like
to see it, tough ! There were a number of choice
items that AFI had exclusive rights to which were
never released. You'd have to be a collector on the
underground circuit. Some such items are available on
Ebay as bootlegs, but usually as rather poor quality
dupes.

A good sampling of the Kovacs material was collected
into one (or perhaps two ?) PBS specials, some time
back, but I don't know whether that ever became
available on DVD. It would be worth checking with
Amazon, etc. to find out.  I have some concerts from
PBS -- one a Miles Davis performance that may not be
available -- that I probably should transfer from tape
before it's too late. Someone gave me a transfer to
DVD of a really good one-hour documentary on Bernard
Herrmann that had only been available on laserdisc.
There were many such things that only came out
(briefly) on LD.

For copyright reasons, I would not expect to encounter
too many of these items on YT, unless they turn up
there for half a day before being removed.

 Jordan