Re: XY, Vista, choices

--- Si Wright  wrote:

> I'm sticking with XP as long as I can because from
> what I've seen on every forum regarding software
> that I use, Vista is so security-crazed that it
> would prefer not to run anything at all. It also has
> serious digital-rights restrictions on media built
> in at a lower level than XP. If you're doing
> anything with audio or video editing, XP is widely
> considered a better choice.
>
> Jon Pareles

Even XP goes too far in that direction for my taste,
which is one reason I'm going to try to stick with W2K
as much as possible. I'll probably keep XP going on
one box or one hard drive, just as a hedge. (Keeping
in mind that I only need Windows for running certain
programs, most of them in this multimedia arena. For
day to day business apps and internet, I have no need
for Windows at all.) And I'm dumping Intel in favor
of AMD, ever since Intel totally capitulated to the
powers that be, by adding DRM to their CPUs.

 Jordan