Re: Winmail.dat, anyone else getting this at the end of mail...

At 07:59 PM 12/13/00 +1100, Michael Edwards wrote:
>   I don't get an actual attachment, identified as such (I use Outlook
Express
>version 4) - but very short e-mails seem to be 4 Kb. or so, far longer than I
>would normally expect a few lines to be.
>   I looked at the source code to see why this happens, and I found at
the end
>a lot of unreadable code that looks a bit like an executable file.

Well, what do you think an attachment IS, if not "a lot of unreadable code
at the end" of an e-mail.
The only difference here is that your Outlook does not understand the
encoding scheme (looks like UUE, which is a bit dated), and therefor does
not interpret it.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)