Re: USB Printing with DOS2USB

Joseph,
Something just occurred to me, and I looked back at your original post: this was from a government-issued computer? Then maybe the sysadmin had set things up to foil any attempt to access a printer through the network. There's an article in the latest issue of Processor with the headline, "My Printer was hacked?" warning that printers, scanners, etc. can leave open ports though which a network can be entered and compromised. Then an article in PC World mentioned not being able to print from a corporate laptop to one's own home networked printer. So evidently there are ways of doing this. I'm a tad surprised though, that net use doesn't do an end run around them. It certainly does around the W2K "Administrative shares" gobbledegook.
Anyone who has ever had to cope with Corporate Sysadmins know anything
about this? (For good or ill, I've always been my own sysadmin.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx