NET USE error - Was: USB Printing with DOS2USB

In an attempt to answer all questions re: my NET USE situation;

- I am using XP Pro on an Averatec 1050 notebook computer
- Computer does not have a physical LPT port only USB
- Have triple checked & the full computer name is JFISHER1050
- Have triple checked USB printer properties – share is selected & CANON is the share
name

syntax I am using is
NET USE LPT1 \\JFISHER1050\CANON /PERSISTENT:YES

Have tried variation adding colon
NET USE LPT1: \\JFISHER1050\CANON /PERSISTENT:YES

Have tried LPT2 & have tried without PERSISTENT switch

Have even tried changing the “full computer name” to simply JFISHER

Have tried launching NET USE from a batch file I created in Xy
and I’ve tried typing it at C: prompt (from run CMD).

No matter what, same message is displayed:
“System Error 67 has occurred”
“The network name cannot be found.”

Suggestions are welcomed – Thanks, Joe