Re: XYWin hogs CPU

Paul,
3. I use a circa 1990 IBM model M keyboard which does not possess a
Winkey. I'm sure that isn't the problem, however. Alt-Tab works fine
everywhere else.
I think that keyboard is the problem. Tame wants the Winkey. Perhaps you
borrow a keyboard with that key to try it out.
I'm sure this is a Tame problem. If I launch XY4, windowed, using Tame
5.0 having set the line length to anything but 25 lines (I'm trying 28
and 43 and 50, all of which work under Windows 2000, setting the screen
size in the shortcut properties and in XY so that it sticks both
windowed and full screen) I get two console windows one on top of the
other. With 25 lines this does not happen once the properties for the
window are set for 25 lines but I suspect both are there, one on top of the other. Once there are these two consoles, then a multitude of problems then arise. I can get reliable operation -- sort of -- using 25 or 50 lines and starting full screen. However with all settings, when you Alt-Tab between applications, having invoked the Tame pseudo-full screen you go from the full-screen-Tame-XY4 to the taskbar and then to the next application.

This is all a mystery to me. Two launches of Tame-Xy when there should be one?!
In addition, starting full screen, I have to Alt-Enter to a windowed
version and then Alt-Enter back to full screen in order to get the Tame
screen fonts.

The other version on the website, Tame 6, appears to hate anything but
25 lines too.

I use 5.1 with 43 lines very successfully.
You have to start with 25 and then set a new size once
you have launched. I want full screen XY4 with more than 25 lines but
without having a struggle to reach it. At the moment I can find no easy
way of achieving this with Tame.
You are counting the two or three lines in the command-line area, I assume?
What does this show, when executed from the command-line:
VA/NV $SL
Mine shows 43.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx