Re: ot- buying a new name brand pc with xp

> Daniel,
> Then, your recommendation is for the "buckling spring" model. Am I right?
> Manuel Castelao

	Only if you have tried it and nearby people
	can stand the clackety clack.
	They are heavy. Many people don't like hauling
	them around.

	And like this list, the emphasis is on software,
	i.e. does the keyboard have the dimensions and
	layout that get Xywrite work done.

	Some people like lighter keyboards. I grew up
	on heavier keyboards with more action so my fingers
	react differently on softer keyboards and make more
	errorrrwss.

	The quiet options are plastic dome and other
	such methods of make-and-break with spring
	returns.
	Quick notes at
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckling_spring
	and
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology
	The latter links, at the bottom, to
	http://www.ergocanada.com/ergo/keyboards/mechanical_vs_membrane_keyswitches.html

	Note that Unicomp can produce other language keyboards,
	quickly overcome by your Windows language settings
	anyway.
	http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104wh.html

	They also sell clear keyboard caps and stickies
	to remake your keys into anything you want.
	And small parts (such as the odd shaped keys) and
	springs separately.