Re: Windows XP?

  My appeals for help on full screen actually filling up the
screen fell on deaf ears, at least on Windows 98.
  The only help came from rwoods@xxxxxxxx on Feb. 25. He
suggested using the win clipboard and putting "default eg=2" in
the command line (return to 25-line mode with "default eg=0"). I
found this works on the clipboard with my new Toshiba laptop in
Win98, but J.R. Fox says it sends the bottom lines off the
screeen. He may be using full
screen (which now, alas, is a mess with me, being only a cramped
screen with a bad type font). Anyway, try with clipboard,
gentlemen, and see if it works.

  Comes now Tim Baehr who says he has no trouble with XyWrite
on
Windows XP. Is he using a box instead of full screen? And if full
screen, then how? Microsoft says that XP and DOS are not
compatible, and Master Gates himself, in introducing XP in
London, said
that it meant "the end of DOS." So do all his salespeople. Can
anyone explain in plain English what's really
happening here?

  Note to Nicholas Clifford: Thank you very much for footnote
programs, which I will try to install. What I really need is a
DOS engineer in NY City who will help for pay; if you or anyone
else knows of such a person, he has a job. This is getting far
too technical for me. I am a writer by trade and don't see why I
also need to be a computer mechanic just to get mny work done.

Many thanks

Larry Malkin
malkinlit@xxxxxxxx