Re: Win95 draft font

Michael Manove wrote:
> > Hi. I've been having a horrible problem with Xywrite for Windows 4.12 and
> Win95. In DRAFT MODE (and expanded mode), Xywrite uses an inappropriately
> small font. In the past, Xywrite would change to the proper font after I
> opened some directories in the Win95 Explorer, but now, that has stopped
> working. We are talking about 8415oem.fon, I think. But Xywrite insists on
> using what looks like a 7-pt font rather than the proper 11-pt font. If you
> have any ideas, I would sure appreciate hearing them. I've been working
> with Xywrite for about 12 years. It's a great program, but the bugs are
> maddening.

It was maddening to lose shortcut keys to do simple things like
opening files from file manager so I bought a copy of MS Office
for Win95 at the University bookstore where I teach part time.
If the new upcoming version of XyWin does not show a significant
improvement over Word 7.0, I will abandon be a XyWrite customer.
 -- mgawdun@xxxxxxxx
Date: @date@ Time: @time@
San Antonio, TX