Re: Advice required: Virus software for Win 3/ on floppies

Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> Can the collective wisdom advise me?
>
> A correspondent informs me that I sent him an infected file. It's long past
> time that I installed anti-virus software,

Yes.

> but I presume it has to be up to
> date and, preferably, updateable in future.

Of course.

> However, the only software I've
> been offered in my local shops is for Win9x and requires a CD-ROM drive;
> I'm still using Windows 3.1 and my CD-ROM drive is out of commission.
>
> Any suggestions?

Aside for advising you to rid yourself of the hideous Windows 3.1 and
fix your CD-ROM drive my suggestion would be to see if there are still
DOS versions of Norton Anti Virus software around. Getting updates might
be tricky. Dunno.

Upgrade, pard, upgrade!

--
Leslie Bialler