Re: Advice required: Virus software for Win 3/ on floppies

By all accounts the Win9x/NT version of McAfee's Viruscan is a dog to use.
(It's also enormous.) The DOS/Win31 version runs under plain MS-DOS and
searches through files without also leaving bits of itself around. And
it's small enough to download and can be used free. You're sure to find
links to McAfee (aka Network Associates), from http://kumite.com/myths/

>I'm still using Windows 3.1 and my CD-ROM drive is out of commission.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in the inscrutable
orient a decent, fast CD-ROM drive costs $40. For $250 I recently got
myself a CD/CD-R/PD drive. Meanwhile, I find Win9x a better
MS-DOS-task-switcher than Win31.
Peter Evans