Re: Undocumented keyboard functions NB 3.0 - knowledgebase needed

At 09:24 AM 7/11/2009, Myron Gochnauer wrote:
Others may correct me, but my recollection (from the XyWrite side) is that NB never used the XY 4 engine, but stuck with Xy 3 code until it went to Windows. I imagine this was for economic reasons. Most of NB's programming investment seems to go into the "penumbra" rather than the core.
This has been a good discussion and Myron's post is one of the most
cogent on NB I've read here. Robert has repeatedly said NB is the
future of Xywrite and has repeatedly echoed many of our (XyWriters)
complaints about the product. Now Myron has gotten at the core of
those complaints -- the potential and promise of NB unrealized, for
various reasons, some understandable. Thanks Myron. (BTW, I'm writing
almost exclusively in NB now, jerry {or jury}-rigging it [Here comes
a gentle corrective from Patricia] with various startup routines and
customized keys so it looks like XY on startup. And I use Robert's
fabulous NB on a stick. NB still has the best tech support I've ever
experienced. Steve is a pleasure to work with.)

Michael Norman