Re: v112 U2--just to clarify

Robert wrote:
mainly XyShell is used for a few special purpose apps that happen to
interest me (like fetching NWS weather reports into a XyWrite window
-- hey, I'm a farmer, the weather is a large daily consideration),

Farming, on CPW?! You got a terrace?
and otherwise -- more generally -- to launch external apps, to
control which running process has current focus, and to restore focus
to XyWrite when *you* elect to terminate an external app or process.
Well, that alone would be some help. I'm working on an XPL pgm to expand
Eudora's aliases from its file of them. But it's hard going, and another
way is to let Eudora expand them, then copy and paste back into Xy for
further use. I'd like to automate that, since it's a daily task.
Thus, for example, if you wanted to run a Postscript XyWrite, and to
view XyWrite files (the way they will really appear) in an
Acrobat-like window, you can do that at any time, then close the
Postscript window and return directly to XyWrite, all with one Xy
keystroke. That's a "canned" XyShell app. The point here is that
Rexx can do a lot, but -- like everything in computing --
programming, either mine or yours, makes it work.

Understood. Thanks.

--Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx