Re: XyWin Insert/Overstrike

** Message forwarded by JACK A. SHAFER at 11:08:50 on 09-28-94 **
Can you look into this for me and Leslie?

Jack

[Original Message Follows]

Jack,

1. I really haven't analyzed exactly when the insert kicks over to overstrike.
All I know is that sometimes, quite unexpectedly, I find myself in overstrike,
at which point I look up at the command line (I have configured XyWin to look
as much like XyDos as possible--i.e., command line on top; no scroll bars, etc.
etc.) and I discover an O where an I should be.

2. Yes, sometimes the whole thing disappears from the command line area; this
seems to have something to do with how you configure your Windows fonts in
win.ini and sys.ini. If you accept XyWrite's Speedo fonts, as I have learned
to do, I don't have a problem with this.

Therefore, I am hoping TechGroup does something about this problem.

Email back if you have any further discoveries!

Leslie