XyWin Insert/Overstrike

On 9-22-Leslie Bialler wrote

>I have the same problem with insert/overstrike in XyWin. I would suggest that
>you develop a way for us to quickly determine which mode we are in by the
shape
>of the cursor. It is a pain to have to constantly consult the I/O on the
>command line of XyWin to determine which mode you are in.

>Leslie Bialler

Dear Leslie,

Misery loves company! But I don't understand your message.

1.) Do you mean to say that XyWin's insert/overstrike message drops
unexpectedly out of your command, too?

2.) That without giving the command, regular overstrike turns into "smart"
overstrike, i.e., reverting to insert mode when it encounters a space?

--Jack Shafer