Chars 'Desaparecidos'?

Characters 'desaparecidos'?
---------------------------

I am a relatively new user of XY-Windows; I find it excellent, even if I still
prefer NotaBene + Lingua for my editing work. I was writing a little program to
convert NotaBene files to XY, and I tried a well-known shareware Greek font,
called Wingreek, in order to settle a conversion table.
Unfortunately, I discovered that some chars that display and print correctly in
Word, WordPerfect and Write do _not_ display or print in XY-Windows. Some
examples are ANSI 0132 0152, 0153, 0154. The point is _not_ that they are
wrong, but that they disappear when I try to import a file from other Windows
WPs into XY-Win. Even typing directly the ANSI code with
Crt-Alt-number, or pasting from the Windows Character Map does not work (they
should be seen as 'grey numbers' in Expanded mode, but nothing happens and
nothing is being displayed as I type).
    I tried both with XY driver and with Windows driver, but with no
success. My PC is a 486/50 with Super VGA and colour monitor.
    Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.
    guido

Guido Milanese
Universita' Cattolica      Internet: mc1194@xxxxxxxx
Ist. di Filologia Classica     smail: Largo Gemelli 1
+39.2.72342-750  Fax -740        I-20123 Milano MI