Re: glitch putting Xywrite on Windows XP

Carl,

You're right that there's really no need to modify the Path globally, although Option (1) sounds easy. (I took at look at Path under System Variables, and I notice it ends with three dots ... If I edited the Path by appending E:\xy, would it be important to repeat those three dots at the end?)

I think I'd rather go with Option (2), taking this opportunity to write a BATch file for the first time. Since I'm a beginner, please forgive a few very very basic followup questions:

Should I write this file at the Dos prompt? Alternatively, can I write it in Windows Notebook -- and if so, where do I save it?

Lynn
mailto:lynn.brenner.nyc@xxxxxxxx