stop and think

I don't like repeating myself, but it seems to me folks interested in
continuing to use XyWrite could save considerable time and expense with
a Chromebook running DosBox. I can't confirm how wonderfully Xy works
there since I don't have one (and since I am quite content with my
Ubuntu setup, not likely to get one soon), but honestly, you can buy one
of these things for $200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131484

download and install this

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dosbox-for-google-chrome/jhceknlmaggijlkkcemdaghpniimajhd?hl=en-US

stick Xy on it, and see how you like it. if it doesn't work to your
satisfaction, you can always return the Chromebook. if it does, you're
happy for really very little outlay of cash and virtualization.