Re: Xy'd NB -- FLV Video Capture and Player

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Robert Holmgren mailto:holmgren@xxxxxxxx wrote:
** Reply to message from "David Auerbach"
mailto:auerbach@xxxxxxxx on Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:58:00 -0500

> Robert might also meditate on the ubiquity of the saw that virtue is its own reward.

The ubiquity or the tautology?  Virtue is the reward of virtue -- is that it?

Of course, to the logician, the 'old saw' is a tautology. But logic is not the only form of intelligence. (Not that we'd be getting very far with XyWrite on our modern machines if it weren't for the brilliance and power of Robert's (and Carl's and others') logic.) The good in us—whether in the form of the work we do, or the relations we have, or unexpressed—is sufficient unto itself. It needs no validation. Of course, we have ego that demands aknowledgement, but that is another issue, and not the one Mr. Auerbach suggested meditation upon.

Fred Weiner