Re: GoXy

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 04 Nov 2005
17:37:23 -0500

> Playing around with GoXy, I was able to get your amusing Error #13 message.
> The command line, entered at a DOS prompt, that generated it was:

> goxy "Editor.exe" /chr(et)

Actually, contrary to the error msg (which basically eats crow across the
board), *you* are culpable: CHR(ET) is a bad argument. It should be /KEY(ET)
-- issue the EnTer key. CHR(13) would issue an Ascii-13 (carriage return) --
roughly the same thing. CHR(##) is for character numbers; KEY(xx) is for named
virtual keys.

> More importantly, though I can get GoXy to shift focus to "Editor.exe" and
> can get it to put "dir" up on Xy's command line, I can't then get it to
> execute that dir.

 Assuming the cursor is already on the CMline:
GoXy "editor.exe" /DIRkey(ET)
 If func BC (Blank the CMline) is on F5, do DIR of all *.TXT files:
GoXy "Editor.exe" /key(F5)DIR *.TXTkey(ET)
 or (synonymous)
GoXy "Editor.exe" /key(F5[DIR *.TXT]ET)
 or, if there's only one Window with the word "Editor" in it
GoXy "Editor" /key(F5[DIR *.TXT]ET)
GoXy "Edit" /key(F5[DIR *.TXT]ET)
GoXy "Ed" /key(F5[DIR *.TXT]ET)
 or just change your Window Title permanently (in your LNK|PIF)
 to "XyWrite IV" or "XyWrite" or any string with the substring
 "xywrite" somewhere in it, and then you don't need to specify
 a target window (because case-INsensitive substring XYWRITE
 is the default):
GoXy /key(F5[DIR *.TXT]ET)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx