Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
>Reviewing the thread, I see that early on Robert told you to MOVE
>unicows.dll from Editor.exe's directory to c:\windows. You didn't, by a
>slip of the mouse, just copy it, did you? Because two copies of it could
>scramble things.

Ah, well, I did copy the file. In fact, I had placed a copy in C:, in C:\windows, and in my Xy4
editor directory, just to be sure it was available.

I have now deleted the copies in C: and the xy4 directory. Still no help. CLIP crashes with
selections larger than 953 bytes.

However, my computer also has three different copies of unicows.dll, placed in different directories
by other software. The location, file size, and date for each are:

c:\program files\Common Files\Nikon\Message Center, 240kb, 11/27/03
c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player, 233kb, 7/6/02
c:\PicProj, 240kb, 9/24/04

Can these cause a problem? I know don't need the first and last, since I don't use this mediocre
Nikon graphics program. I can uninstall. I don't know whether I want to uninstall the media player
unicows.dll. I don't use Media Player, but might in the future.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
301-937-0394