U2 conflicts: more on OO, OX

I've tried in the Enhance U2 file to surround all special treatments of
existing XyWrite commands and function calls with OO and OX, so that the U2
routines get out of the way for "real" XyWrite. Function calls, however, are
always intercepted. I therefore have put in just two: define (DF), which
always extends the defined (selected) text to the cursor, and page/line view
(SP), which always asks whether to perform the operation (because I was
working with incredibly long files that absolutely had to be in draft view).
In fact, the SP modification may not have made it into the official Enhance
file.

General principle we supposedly learned in kindergarten: If you get something
out, put it away. This applies in XyWrite programming to changing user
settings, defaults, etc. Most information can be found out using the VA
command (for VAlue). Getting a parameter, storing it into a save/get, and
using the save/get to restore the original condition is somewhat tedious. But
it's good programming, good housekeeping, and the polite thing to do. You may
not mind if your houseguest borrows your toothpaste, but you don't want your
houseguest to then hide it behind the shampoo.

For those who asked or wondered:
The ENHANCE stuff I wrote (and have posted in this group with names beginning
with COMPACT or ENHANCE) are MNU, DLG and a SET (U2) file offering extensive
modifications to the menus and commands in XyWrite.

Cheers,

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx