help re adjusting Avant Stellar keyboard

This is a follow-on to some of my earlier recent posts re this keyboard.

I managed to locate online a later version of the included software, which was intended for Win 2000.  This I installed, setting compatibility for "Win 2000", with Admin rights.  It is my belief that once the keyboard has been reprogrammed -- to duplicate the older layout, as seen on the Omnikey-102 or earlier keyboards -- you are done, and the keyboard can then be used on whatever system of your immediate choosing, without any software intervention.  (That is to say, scan codes would have been adjusted in the keyboard itself.)

During the software installation, I was asked if I wanted to overwrite some driver files, with only the first of these being revealed: "i8042prt.sys" in \Windows\System32\drivers.  Out of caution, I said "No to All."  A *smart* installer would have renamed the relevant set of files "XYZ.old", or something along those lines, and listed the exact files/locations/changes for future reference.  But I would not take the chance that this was a smart installer.  On the Win-7 x86 system that is presently connected, I see that file showing as 80,896 bytes and dated 7-13-09.  That agrees with the dates for many other driver files, so I conclude that it is the untouched original.  I can't say for sure what else the Avant-2K installer may have done, but I see a sub-dir named  \en-US  under drivers, with all of the files dated 11-20-10, including another i8042prt.sys.  But, when I go to run the Avant software, it immediately returns "No Avant Keyboard detected."  This does not suggest that I would be able to reprogram any key locations with it.

Coincidentally, I have "Bitrot Detector" installed on this computer, which like Revo Uninstaller is supposed to be able to account for any file changes on your system.  That is, if you happened to have it set for logging at the time, which I did not.  But, I did make a catalog index of all boot partition files a few weeks back, so that should allow for some comparison.

If none of you are using the Avant Stellar, this may be a non-conversation.  I would rather not use third-party software or any macro program to re-map those keys.  If it's a worst case scenario, I can just accept the layout of this keyboard as is, and adjust to that.

   Jordan