Mysterious problem

Hey folks, I have a strange one. I've been using
Xy/Dos since '87, and this comes up from
time to time.

In the middle of scrolling through a file, I'll
hit a point that suddenly shoots me a few
pages ahead. Once it starts, it's always
the same point of departure and the same
destination.

I've gone into expanded mode to see if
there's anything there I can't see normally,
but nothing turns up. There are no extra spaces;
it's usually right in the middle of a word.

The only solution is to RL--delete the
line where the jump takes place.

This usually happens when Xy has been up
and running for a long time. But it's
obviously something in the file I'm working
on; if I close the file and reload it, the
jump will take place at the same point.

Once it starts, erasing the offending line is
the only solution.

Any idea what's going on here?

jim besser
jbesser@xxxxxxxx