Re: Identifying sender of e-mail

On 12/03/97 at 07:47 AM,
  Eric Van Tassel <101233.342@xxxxxxxx> said (in so many words):

<- Sender: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
<- From: Eric Van Tassel <101233.342@xxxxxxxx>
<- To: XyWrite_mailing_list
<- Subject: Identifying sender of e-mail

Above is the relevant portion of your header in your message to the list.
The listserv correctly puts you as the From: and list as the Reply-to:
A properly written and configured email program will know about this
distinction and use it appropriately. For instance, MR/2 ICE (the one I
use), shows me your name (the From:) in the message index. And, when I
hit Reply, it offers me a choice of sending the reply to the list or to
you (it offers the Reply-to:, i.e., the list, as the default). I would
regard your email program, Mosaic, as impaired.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Eating should be done in silence, lest the windpipe open before the gullet, and life be in danger.
	--The Talmud
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103