Re: WC wildcard

Alistair A. Saldanha wrote:

> I'm using XyWrite 3.54 on a daily basis. The text files I use have
> characters near the carriage return, which characters need to be
> replace with other text. I'm trying to get the XPL program I'm writing
> to recognize a carriage return using the WC wildcard character (carriage
> return) (pfunc WC).

Use ASCII 10. Alt+shift plus 1 and then 0 from the numeric keypad.

Let us say you wish to replace Jack plus carriage return with Jill plus carriage
return.

Your XPL program would then be BC ci /ck/il. ASCII 10 will look
like a mini circle on your screen, with colors the reverse of those of the tab
character (actually ASCII 9) that you can see in expanded mode.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press