Re: More on Tame

At 3/7/2003 06:57 PM +0000, Paul Breeze wrote:
...everytime I've tried [NBWin], I gave up after about an hour. I sent a list of queries about the various problems I encountered to NB just before XMas, finally received an acknowledgement, and I'm still waiting to see if there is a solution. Since I suspect there is not, I have abandoned that route entirely.
I bought 5.5 and on three machines have had lots of screen problems. The folks on the NB listserv were very helpful (a good list), but no one could solve the problem. And apparently many experienced it. (Specifically the screen flickered, the result, if I remember those posts, of a conflict in screen handling between the command line and the text box (I'm sure I'm not stating this accurately or fully). At all events, go to http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/notabene/search.html and search *flicker* and you will see many, many posts, including some about the most recent version). NB tech support was...well...let's just say, perfunctory. If they ever solve the screen issues, NBWin could be a good alternative. Michael Norman