Re: New version of vDos

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Thu,
01 Oct 2015 12:50:16 -0400

> (As it
> happens, I just wrote a program that allows me to use XyWrite to patch
> binaries, so once the necessary substitutions are determined they
> could be implemented easily with CHange or Change-Verify commands.)

How do you handle XyWrite control characters encountered in the
binary? And what happens if the binary contains Ascii-26 (or is
it 27), which (IIRC) crashes XyWrite? (I'm very rusty on my
XyWrite coding recollection, obviously.)

Do we have the source files for the 12-15-2014 vDosXy build?
Because if we do, and we can identify the keyboard handlers,
shouldn't we be able to rebuild with the latest source, as
Edward does, retaining the 12-15-14 keyboard files? We could
remove the nag-binary "include", or references thereto... I am
also wondering what mods Edward makes, in which file(s)...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx