RE: New version of vDos

Joaquín,
The latest version is working for us, no instabilities here. I don't feel the need to ask Peter to spend his precious time unless there is a powerful reason.
Since I don't have a clue about what triggered my crashes, only know
they happened a lot, I'd be hard pressed to suggest to Peter what it
is that needs fixing. The crashes happened under both 32-bit and
64-bit Windows 7.
I wish I had a XY Write IV Spanish version, and we would all be in "sync"
Seems to me this is doable with a little self-help. You'd have to
patch plain-text portions of EDITOR.EXE (commands, error messages, and
so forth), translating them into Spanish while carefully maintaining
the exact same string length. I don't know whether commands in Spanish
would rest comfortably on this Procrustean bed. Commands that are
shorter than in English could simply be padded with spaces, but the
ones that are longer would have to be hammered down to size. (As it
happens, I just wrote a program that allows me to use XyWrite to patch
binaries, so once the necessary substitutions are determined they
could be implemented easily with CHange or Change-Verify commands.)
The menus and dialogs (XY4.MNU and XY4.DLG) would not require this
discipline and could be translated more freely.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx