Re: Linux ? Not yet

> I have seen repeated indications that certain programs are
> now running under WINE -- WIN[dows E[mulation. Thus I remain
> hopeful.

I XYWIN tried tonight, on my newly installse S.u.S.E. linux
distribution. I can run some windows stuff, but XW.EXE fails. WINE
(release 980614) says "XW says: 'C RUNTIME ERROR ' and locks up.

I have various versions of DOS XyWrite zip drive, and some of them sort
of work. XY3 sort of runs under doesmu, but every keystroke generates a
beep, and the colors are wrong. XY4.12 works better; but for both I'd
have to tune the startup files and other configurations to recognize the
new paths which are created by dosemu. Personally, I'm an XYWIN guy, so
that's what I'd like to see run.

Richard Minutillo
rgm@xxxxxxxx