Re: VMWare player

Dear Kari

I suppose it is a matter of how you work. As to liking or not, I have
found that VMWare offers me the best performance and facilities of all
the virtual machine software I have tested.

I have used Unity in the way you suggest but did not find it to fit my
bill. On the other hand I can set up My XP virtual machine so that I
don't need to interact with it outside the virtual machine.

More generally, I am probably groping towards a future in which I run
Windows 7 64 bit as a virtual machine on top of whatever future
operating system I find myself pointing towards when Win 7 comes to the
end of its life. I am finding that while having some key applications
in a virtual machine is workable it is inconvenient; the solution seems
to be to have all, or nothing in a virtual machine. In the future I
envisage I would probably run a browser and email in the host and
everything else in the virtual machine which has no access to the
outside world. With suitable file sharing I have found it is quite
feasible to have a browser and an email client in the virtual machine
that can access emails and downloaded web pages even though they cannot
speak to the network.

Still, that is a long way down the road.

Best wishes

Paul