Re: Win95, Orbis

Dan Kagany,
It's sad to hear of the disappointing performance of Orbis under
XYWrite. I say this because I use Orbis daily under NotaBene
where if performs wonderfully. The version that shipped with NB
4.2 is very stable and dependable. Indeed, as long as an
equivalent product is not available for
XYWrite or any other word processor, NotaBene will continue to be
my primary writing instrument, particularly because IBID too
works as effectively. I say this not to divert the attention of
the list away from its purpose by incouraging anyone to abandon
XYWrite but rather to put the pressure on
Technology Group to come up with the promised products. A stable
Orbis does exist with NotaBene. So, Kenneth Frank, why not for
XYWrite? It seems to me you owe those who paid for it a product
or a refund; at least an explanation of the continuing delay.
Will a stable Orbis for XYWrite in fact appear?
My cranky, Monday-morning two cents,
Bill
==
William H. TeBrake      BITNET:  tebrake@maine.bitnet
Department of History     INTERNET:
tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine      TELEPHONE: (Int+1) 207-581-1923
Orono, Maine 04469-5774 USA  FAX:    (Int+1) 207-581-1817
==