Re: insufficient memory msg

Reply to note from "Bruce L. Felknor"  Sat,
13 Jun 1998 15:46:21 -0400

Have you configured your Xy sessions so that Win95 allots them
*expanded* memory? It won't improve the performance of Xy3, but
Xy4 can use up to 4 Megs of expanded mem. You launch it with
EDITOR/En, where n is the size of expanded mem. in kilobytes. Thus,
to enable Xy to address the full 4 Megs, use EDITOR/E4000.

--------------
Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

-> Within Windoze 95, I use Xydos 3.5 and 4.017, and am pretty
-> familiar with Xy, having used it since 2.5 in 1985, though I
-> know virtually nothing about programming.
->
-> Now I can work pretty well generally, including sorting and all
-> editorial work in general -- except for spelling. My
-> startup.int and settings.dfl (in 4.017) are OK. But whenever I
-> try to spell-check anything -- even a word, as well as a whole
-> document, I get a msg of  msg.