Re: XyWrite 4.11 for Windows

I suspect most of your questions are meant for the developer of
XY, the Technology Group. I suggest you call them or contact
their BBS,
410-576-8806 (8-N-1). You might be more specific about which
versions of everything (e.g. WordPerfect) you are referring to.

I have been converting large files (ca. 150K) from XYDOS 4.015 to
WPW
6.1. Importing directly using the XY3+ filter loses italics, and
converts footnote cross-references into para xrefs. I can keep
italics by exporting from XY to WP5.1 format, which WPW 6.1
automatically recognizes and imports. I haven't yet checked how
this method handles XREFS.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania