Re: OT: update on ThinkPad electrical problem

J R FOX wrote:
But it now seems to have
been some combination of a battery that is now
marginal (quickly drops from about 82% charge to
near-zero) and the transformer brick in particular.
Very interesting. If the machine weren't so hopelessly ancient
I'd be tempted to try and find another power brick for the
Compaq. But having already spent more than the laptop cost for a
new battery that couldn't charge, I don't think I shall.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx