Re: Can't print in XY3+

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
3.1 First, make sure the printer is shared in its Windows properties page.
What I forgot to mention is that you MUST have a Network
Interface Card (NIC; nowadays it's most often circuits on the
mobo), with an RJ45 connector on the outside (back of a desktop;
sometimes side of a laptop); it looks like a phone jack, but is
slightly bigger. I THINK you have to have a CAT5 or CAT6 cable
plugged into the RJ45 jack; and you MAY have to have the other
end plugged into a powered-up hub, switch, or router.
Unfortunately, I cannot test the specifics of that, because I
don't have an HP USB printer at home, and all the PCs in the
office are on a network. Anybody know?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx