Re: macros

of course, of course, now I remember from the old days. change and change
verify and change verify absolute.

when i try what you suggested

ch /[cr]/[ep[cr]/

directly in the command line, it works as of old.

but if i create a program file using the scroll lock key, save it, and try
to run it from the command line, entering run graf.prg, which is the name
of the file, I get a message that says "too many programming loops" and I
see that the command line has filled up with ch /[cr]/[ep[cr]/, ch
/[cr]/[ep[cr]/, ch /[cr]/[ep[cr]/, ch /[cr]/[ep[cr]/.

Repeated clicking on the little placard fails to remove it, so I have to
control alternate delete out of xywrite and start all over again.

ok, so then I tried using record keystrokes, control k, entering f5 ch
/[cr]/[ep[cr]/ as before, and saving it to a macro using the ldrk command,
same strokes as above. saved it to P key. hit f2 p and it appeared on the
command line. had to hit enter to make it run, but it ran.

now, how can i make it run with just the f2 p combination?

At 10:56 PM 1/20/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>You don't want to be using menus for xpl. Command-line is where the
>power is in Xywrite, and if you record a program using the menus you'll
>bypass that and get the kind of unpredictable results this program
>yields. As Dick Giering points out, the manual will give you a good
>introduction to xpl ("Xywrite Programming Language") and this, combined
>with knowing just a few basics, will tide you through simple tasks like
>these.
>
>The program I've attached is as simple as they get:
>

> ch /[cr]/[ep[cr]/
>
>I left out the save -- you don't wanna to stick a save into an xpl
>proggie.
>
>Rafe T.
>
>raphaelt@xxxxxxxx
>http://www.ray-field.com
>
>On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:55:16 -0800, tgieske wrote:
>

>>Well, I tried to write a program file, which I have attached, but it didn't
>>work. It replaced one carriage return and gave me a search program placard.
>>I need to have a command that says replace all, and there has to be a place
>>to put what it's to be replaced with. No help from help as to how that sub
>>command within the control R command would be expressed or found.
>>

>>At 10:25 AM 1/20/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>>>Reply to msg from tgieske@xxxxxxxx
>>> Macros are still possible - I use them all the
>>>time. Your problem with carriage returns not
>>>recording can be overcom by recording the
>>>keystrokes into a program and then edititng it.
>>>For the Carriage return, use, while in program
>>>mode (the scroll lock on), ctrl return.
>>>Look on the bottom of page 4-77 of the manual.
>>>Dick Giering

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\GRAF1.PGM"

Tony G.