Re: au program

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Mon, 27 May
2002 06:42:44 -0700

Morris:

> I understand the general trend of your AU program
> superficially, but for me to comprehend its logic in greater
> detail, I need the following explanations that is when you have
> the time to do so.

I'm happy to give you a more-detailed explanation, but it may be
several days before I see my way clear to it. In the meantime, here
are a couple of pointers:

1) Don't sweat the details of SUbroutine 02. As I said, they're
tangential. The crucial point is that the SUb saves each captured
keystroke to Save/Get 03 (>). Later,  executes the
captured keystroke.

2) The Ascii-240 operator means "contains". It's similar to the
Ascii-237 epsilon ("is contained in"), except that 240 doesn't
return a value. A 240 statement is either true or false. For
example, "ABC"[240]"B" is true ("ABC" contains "B"), whereas
"ABC"[240]"b" is false (because "ABC" does not contain "b").

Not the whole ball of yarn, but it should help.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx