Re: UNWRAPA etc.

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Thu, 30 May 2002
10:11:02 -0800

Jordan:

> I recognize that
> UNWRAPA is intended just for handling the CR/LF stripping. But isn't
> there a companion frame that demarcates and preserves the paragraph
> separators ?

That "demarcates and preserves the para separators"? Demarcates and preserves.
What you talkin' about? You mean, "inserts"? There are two companion frames:
WRAP[A] and REWRAP[A] (didn't I just describe these a week or so ago?). WRAP
does the opposite of UNWRAP, it inserts s (carriage returns) at the end of
lines, according to the currently prevailing line lengths (which, in eXPanded
mode, would be around 70 chars/line average, and in Draft mode would be whatever
your PageWidth_minus_OFfset or RightMargin defaults dictated). So that's good
for completely unwrapped paragraphs. REWRAP takes wrapped text, performs an
unwrap (so that text snaps into conformity with the PW-OF/RM default), then a
wrap according to those newly applied formats. Just try them, it's harmless,
you'll see what they do (be sure to SAve your file first; if you DON'T like what
they do, you can recall the status ante quo with frame RECA). If you
add the "A" suffix to any of these framenames, it operates from current CharPos
to End_of_File; otherwise it just performs once, on the current line, then quits.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx