Re: Rescue Xy3

Myron Gochnauer wrote inter alia:

(And I think you, Myron, profusely for bringing up the subject.)

> Doesn't it bother you that something as unique and
> wonderful as XyWrite 3 will never be allowed to reach its own kind of
> perfection?

Well, no. Actually XyWrite 3 was perfection in its time. But that time
is past. A '57 Chevy hardtop, in two-toned white and yellow (Populuxe
defined!) was as good as it got. For 1957. But would you want to drive
it now as your day-to-day car? I doubt it.

That said, you all cannot fail to have noticed that several recent
threads are all about version 3 workarounds for features contained in
version 4. So my advice is, use version 4. When you get through tweaking
it you probably won't even notice the difference, and you won't have to
use workarounds.

So polish up the old Chevy, put it in the garage, and take it out for a
spin to antique shows once in awhile. And buy the latest model to bop
around town.

Salud!

--
Leslie Bialler