Re: Lock-up problem

I've had this problem from time to time. If it's intermittent, it's probably neither DOS nor Windows nor XyWrite, but a combination. The cause seems to be in the ways these three entities handle keyboard signals. Try this solution next time: Press and release, one at a time, each of the following keys -- Crtl, Alt, Shift. This will work if the hangup was caused by some combination of keys that your system didn't like. On my system, I would get either a lockup or a situation in which the Ctrl key seemed to be permanently pressed.

Good luck!

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx