Re: Lock-up problem

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> When I open XyDOS or (more often?) XyWin, I sometimes find that the
> keyboard is locked up, or else it responds to the first command but not to
> subsequent commands. The only solution is apparently to close XyWrite and
> restart it, or - increasingly often - to reboot the computer itself.

Very odd. You might (1) check the keyboard file for the right format
(;KB; in the first line for Xy3), and (2) back up EDITOR.EXE from the
original installation disks or your oldest backup copy. If the problem
is with the editor, these should fix it.

  ms44278@xxxxxxxx
  Mike Shupp
  California State University, Northridge
  Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology